Tips For a Successful 4th Grade Year!
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL FOURTH GRADE YEAR
- Parents and visitors must sign in at the office and receive a visitor's pass before entering campus. This is a safety issue. Do not enter hallways without signing in.
- Do not bring missing homework, projects, lunch money, etc. to the room. Leave it in the office.
- Early checkouts require a note to the teacher in order to prepare your child and reduce disturbance to the class. Early checkouts are discouraged. Dentist of doctor visits should be scheduled after school. Your child is responsible for any missed work.
- If your child is at home longer than a day with illness or injury, you may call the office to request work from the child's teacher. The teacher will gather assignments and necessary books to be picked up after 2:00 PM. If this request is made, please have the courtesy to pick up the work.
- Any absence requires a note from home in order for the absence to be reported accurately.
- Permission must be obtained from the principal prior to a voluntary absence for personal reasons.
- Students are not allowed to call home unless there is an injury, illness, or behavioral issue. We do not call home for transportation questions, forgotten lunch boxes, money, projects, or homework. Make sure your child is prepared before leaving home.
- School starts at 7:40. Your child is late at 7:50. Fourth grade students report to the cafeteria in the morning and teachers will pick them up at 7:40.
- School supplies are necessities. Please check with your child's teacher about specific supplies needed. Remember to replenish supplies as needed.
- The uniform policy has been in effect for 5 years. It is enforced per Baldwin County Board of Education policy.
- PE is a required subject. A note is required in order to be excused from PE,
- An agenda is used daily to record homework, assignments, and conduct grades. Please sign or initial each night. The class newsletter comes home on Monday, or in the Tuesday Home Folder.
- The Tuesday Home Folder contains graded tests, class work, notices, newsletters, etc. Initial the cover sheet and take out or return the appropriate papers.
- Homework is to be completed nightly.
- Lunch money is turned in on Monday, or the first day or the week. Place money in an envelope marked with the child's name and what the money is for. Checks must have a physical address and a telephone number.
- Do not include snack money with lunch money. Students handle their own snack money. Checks should not be written for snack.
- Pay attention to "due dates" on all notices. Teachers set deadlines as a group and money may not be collected after the deadline.
- Health policies are enforced at Fairhope Intermediate School. We do not allow carbonated beverages or candy for lunch, snack, or at parties.
- Birthdays may be celebrated at snack time with proper notice given to the teacher, and food must follow the healthy snacks guidelines.
- Party invitations may not be given out at school unless the whole class in invited (with the exception of invitations given to only boys or only girls).
- Students must be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school. Never let your child out or pick your child up anywhere except at the front.
- Lockers are a privilege. If the rules are not followed, the privilege may be revoked.
- Schoolwide Discipline Policy: Fairhope Intermediate abides by a schoolwide discipline policy which support the policies of the Baldwin County Board of Education. If a student receives a U for unacceptable behavior, participation in classroom activities or events (this includes field trips) may be affected.